Prof. Dr. Syamsul Hadi received his bachelor\'s degree in Arabic Language fromGadjah Mada University. He earned his Master\'s degree in Islamic Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, while his doctoral degree is earned from Faculty of Linguistic, Gadjah Mada University.
Some achievements had been achieved during his carrier are:
- As the best Lecturer at level I, Department of Linguistic, Gadjah Mada University, 1987.
- As the best Lecturer at Level II, at University level, Gadjah Mada University, 1987.
The following are some of Prof. Dr. Syamsul Hadi\'s writings:
- "The Indonesian Council of Ulama." An article for Journal of Indonesia Circle, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, 1988.
- "Family Planning in Modern Indonesia: the Islamic Viewpoint", Thesis for Master of Arts, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 1989.
- "Acronym in Arabic Language: Discussion on the newest development in Arabic Language Series IV", in Journal of Humaniora, Vol. XII, No. 3/2000, Faculty of Linguistic, UGM.
- "Religious Tolerance: the Case of Indonesia", An article for International Symposium on "Islam and Other Religions in Asia: Coexistence and Cooperation" November 24-27, 2005, held by Korean Muslim Federation, Seoul, Korea to commemorate the Golden Anniversary of Islam in Korea (1955-2005).
- Linguistic Dictionary for Indonesian-English-Arabic (Research report, 2005).