To be an outstanding, excellent, internationally respected graduate program and research center in inter-religious studies.
- To create an interdisciplinary, an inter-religious dialogue between scholars from different religious, academic and cultural backgrounds in the study of religion.
- To educate Indonesian and international teachers, leaders and scholars of religion who are skilled in cross-disciplinary and inter-religious communication.
- To produce outstanding research and publications that promote inter-religious understanding of the role of the religions in the world.
- To promote international cooperation between universities and maintain international standards of academic excellence and fiscal responsibility.
- To develop Indonesian resources that support national and international reconciliation, justice and peace.