PH.D. PROGRAM IN INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES (S3 IRS)
2023-2024 APPLICATION PROCEDURES (1st Semester)
1. Admission Schedule
|08 Mar’ – 20 Apr’ 2023||Documents Submission to UGM Website Portal (um.ugm.ac.id) — First Phase|
|22 May – 07 July 2023||Documents Submission to UGM Website Portal (um.ugm.ac.id) — Second Phase|
|16 Mar’ – 03 May 2023||Admission Process (documents review and interview) — Phase 1|
|28 May – 21 July 2023||Admission Process (documents review and interview) — Phase 2|
|09 May 2023||Announcement of Acceptance (15:00 WIB) — First Phase|
|25 July 2023||Announcement of Acceptance (15:00 WIB) — Second Phase|
|August 2023||Beginning First Semester Academic Year 2023-2024|
*For more information related to admission schedule, please visit um.ugm.ac.id
2. Admission Procedures
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of IDR 750.000,00.
- Applicants go to http://um.ugm.ac.id and fill out the online application form.
(NOTE: the program study is listed as INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES).
- To be considered, All Applicants should:
- Fill out in English personal statement and a brief research proposal (no more than 4.000 words).
- Submit complete validated copies of official diplomas and transcripts from all institutions of higher education that you have attended. For their second degree (S2), applicants should have a grade point average (GPA or IPK) of at least 3.25. In light of different grading standards of different institutions we will consider applicants whose Master GPA is 3.25 or above on a 4.0 scale, however our target is to receive applicants with a GPA above 3.4.
- (Foreign Applicants from other than Native English Speaking Countries should submit institutional or international TOEFL scores). Indonesian Applicants: Submit Institutional (ITP) or International TOEFL scores of at least 527 from UGM or other official language centers; please go to http://um.ugm.ac.id to see a list of approved centers. (Note that TOEFL scores from other than the listed centers will not be accepted by UGM). The TOEFL scores must be less than two years old. TOEFL requirements may be substituted with equivalent scores from IELTS (6 = 527).
- (INDONESIAN ONLY) submit a score of PAPS (Tes Potensi Akademik Pascasarjana) at least 500 from a certified center (Bappenas, PLTI and PAPs UGM).
- Applicants from Native English Speaking Countries are not required to submit TOEFL scores. However, they are encouraged (not required) to submit recent scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a similar standardized test from their native country.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professors/associate professors who are qualified to evaluate your academic achievements and potential.
- Applicants who intend to focus their study on textual research must show their competence in at least one of the relevant language(s) of their chosen research (eg. Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Pali, old Javanese, etc.). Applicants may petition to have another scriptural language included to fulfill this requirement.
- For all applicants, please visit http://um.ugm.ac.id for more information. You also have to upload all your documents to UGM website (http://um.ugm.ac.id).
3. Document Submission
- Please make sure that you already fill out and complete all the necessary documents before submitting your application form in http://um.ugm.ac.id.
- You must also send the soft-file of your application to email@example.com (a pdf format is preferable).
- Applicants will be notified if an interview is needed.
- Late applications will not be considered.
4. Announcement of Admission Result
- Announcement will be available online at http://um.ugm.ac.id
- Successful applicants are encouraged to be a full-time students residing in Yogyakarta for at least the first two years, or until they complete their Comprehensive Examinations.
- Foreign applicants who are accepted should immediately contact ICRS International Scholar Host (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange their visa and arrival at Yogyakarta.
5. Further Information and Contact
|Hendrikus Paulus Kaunang, M.A. (Erich)
Phone: +62 274 562 570
Fax.: +62 274 562 570
Mobile & Whatsapp: 081226027678