PH.D. PROGRAM IN INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES (S3 IRS)
2022-2023 APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Admission Timeline for International Students
|Application Process||1 November – 28 November|
|Application Screening by Office of International Affairs (OIA) and Selection by Faculties Deadline||31 March|
|Letter of Offer Deadline||10 April|
|Payment Deadline||30 April|
|Letter of Acceptance||15 May|
|Study Permit and Telex Visa Application to Kemdikbud and Immigration||16 May – 20 June|
|Study Permit, Telex Visa and NIM Issuance||21 – 30 June|
|Student Register to SSO||1 – 31 July|
|VITAS Application by Student||1 – 31 July|
|Students Arrival||End of July|
|Application Process||1 May – 31 August|
|Application Screening by Office of International Affairs (OIA) and Selection by Faculties Deadline||30 September|
|Letter of Offer Deadline||10 October|
|Payment Deadline||30 October|
|Letter of Acceptance||15 November|
|Study Permit and Telex Visa Application to Kemdikbud and Immigration||16 November – 20 December|
|Study Permit, Telex Visa and NIM Issuance||21 – 30 December|
|Student Register to SSO||1 – 30 January|
|VITAS Application by Student||1 – 30 January|
|Students Arrival||End of January|
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of USD 100 for Foreign Applicants. Applicants go to https://admission.ugm.ac.id/application/how-to-apply/ and fill out the online application form.
(NOTE: ICRS is listed as INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES).
- To be considered, All Applicants should:
- Fill out in English an ICRS application form that includes writing a 1-2 page personal statement and a brief research proposal (no more than 4.000 words). See the application form for more detail, which is available by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit complete validated copies of official diplomas and transcripts from all institutions of higher education that you have attended. For their second degree (S2), applicants should have a grade point average (GPA or IPK) of at least 3.25. In light of different grading standards of different institutions we will consider applicants whose Master GPA is 3.25 or above on a 4.0 scale, however our target is to receive applicants with a GPA above 3.4.
- (Foreign Applicants from other than Native English Speaking Countries should submit institutional or international TOEFL scores). Indonesian Applicants: Submit Institutional (ITP) or International TOEFL scores of at least 527 from UGM or other official language centers; please go to http://um.ugm.ac.id to see a list of approved centers. (Note that TOEFL scores from other than the listed centers will not be accepted by UGM). The TOEFL scores must be less than two years old. TOEFL requirements may be substituted with equivalent scores from IELTS (6 = 527).
- Applicants from Native English Speaking Countries are not required to submit TOEFL scores. However, they are encouraged (not required) to submit recent scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a similar standardized test from their native country.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professors/associate professors who are qualified to evaluate your academic achievements and potential.
- Applicants who intend to focus their study on textual research must show their competence in at least one of the relevant language(s) of their chosen research (eg. Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Pali, old Javanese, etc.). Applicants may petition to have another scriptural language included to fulfill this requirement.
- For all applicants, please visit https://admission.ugm.ac.id/application/how-to-apply/ for more information. You also have to upload all your documents to UGM website.
- Please make sure that you already fill out and complete all the necessary documents before submitting your application form in https://admission.ugm.ac.id/application/how-to-apply/
- You must also send the soft-file of your application to email@example.com (a pdf format is preferable).
- Applicants will be notified if an interview is needed.
- Late applications will not be considered.
Notification of Admission Result
- Notification will be available online at https://admission.ugm.ac.id/application/how-to-apply/
- Successful applicants are encouraged to be a full-time students residing in Yogyakarta for at least the first two years, or until they complete their Comprehensive Examinations.
- Foreign applicants who are accepted should immediately contact ICRS International Scholar Host (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange their visa and arrival at Yogyakarta.
Further Information and Contact
|Hendrikus Paulus Kaunang, M.A. (Erich)
Phone: +62 274 562 570
Fax.: +62 274 562 570
Mobile & Whatsapp: 081226027678